Ripls Wall / Ceiling Light by Louis Poulsen10000140832
The desire was to create a lamp which was discrete – yet also an experience. From a distance, the opal-shaped lamp resembles an illuminating frisbee. On walking past the lamp, you discover how the lamp catches the light and creates its own refractions. Like circular ripples in the water when you cast a stone into a glassy forest lake. The effect is almost magical. It leaves you with a desire to feel and touch it to understand. Because even though LP Ripls appears light and simple on the face of it, it remains elusive and hard to fathom.
The fixture emits diffused light. The front consists of a concave clear front with ripple like rings in water. The ripples refract light in the front creating a subtle change of appearance depending on viewing angle. The concave form outlines the refracting light creating a higher intensity light towards the center fading off toward the edges. A diffuser offset sits deep in the fixture creating a sense of depth in the front. A slim housing creates the appearance of a floating disk while perforations in the opaque housing allows indirect light to create a halo around the fixture.
- Manufacturer: Louis Poulsen
- Design: Jakob Wagner
- Design Year: 2020
- Material: Rear housing: Injection molded polycarbonate / Diffuser: Opalescent PMMA / Clear front: Clear UV resistant polycarbonate.
- Mounting: Surface. Mounted directly to finished surface over a recessed 4” octagonal junction box
- Small 1 x LED/13W/120V LED
- Medium 1 x LED/19.7W/120V LED
- Small Ø 12.2" x H 3.2"
- Medium Ø 19.7" x H 3.6"
- UL Listed Damp Location
- Made in Denmark
- Ships in 1-8 weeks depending upon stock availability
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for current lead time