Organic Conference Chair in Tonus Fabric by Eames & Saarinen210 011 F100 57 68
It was for the “Organic Design in Home Furnishings” competition held in 1941 by the Museum of Modern Art that Charles Eames and Eero Saarinen created several different versions of the Organic Chair. From a technical perspective, the designs were ahead of their time. However, due to the lack of suitable manufacturing technology, they never went into serial production. It was only later that organically shaped seat shells could be produced and sold in larger quantities, exemplified by the Eames Plastic Chair by Charles & Ray Eames or the Tulip Chair by Eero Saarinen. In 2006, Vitra and the Vitra Design Museum launched the first serial production of The Organic Chair, bringing this classic design piece back to life. The Organic Highback Chair featuring a higher backrest and moulded neck support followed in 2008.
The range is now expanded with the new Organic Conference Chair, featuring a slightly higher and forward-tilted shell. This makes it well-suited for use with tables, as in the dining room or at conferences and meetings. The organically shaped design and the soft padding provide for excellent seating comfort. Available in 13 vibrant fabric selections.
- Design: Charles Eames + Eero Saarinen
- Material: Laminated seat shell
- Upholstery: Polyurethane foam with F100-Tonus fabric
- Legs: Black ash or natural oak, with protective varnish
- Dimensions: H 36.75" x D 24.25" x W 28.5" x Seat: 16.5" H
- Special order - lead time 12-16 weeks
- Email email@example.com for current lead time