Eames & Saarinen Organic Chair - Credo Fabric by Vitra210 010 F120 11 68
The Organic Chair – a small and comfortable reading chair – was developed in several versions for the 1940 ‘Organic Design in Home Furnishings’ competition organized by the Museum of Modern Art in New York. With its sculptural shapes, the design was ahead of the times. But due to the absence of suitable manufacturing techniques, the armchair never went into production. Not until 1950 did it become possible to manufacture and market organically shaped seat shells in large quantities, as exemplified by Charles and Ray Eames‘s famous Plastic Armchair or Saarinen‘s Tulip Chair.
The Organic Chair is also available in a version with an extended backrest and longer, wider armrests – the Organic Highback armchair.
The Organic Conference version can be used as table seating.
- Design: Charles Eames + Eero Saarinen
- Year: 1940
- Material: Laminated seat shell
- Upholstery: Polyurethane foam with F120-Credo fabric
- Legs: Black ash or natural oak, with protective varnish
- Dimensions: H 32.5" x D 26.5" x W 28.5" x Seat: H 13.75"
- Special order item. Please allow up to 12 weeks for delivery.