Doo-Wop Pendant by Louis Poulsen5741919950
Originally introduced in the 1950's, Doo-Wop was designed in close cooperation between the Navy Buildings Department and Louis Poulsen. The Navy Pendant, which was the name at that time, was widely used because of the unique lighting properties and utility. In the early 1980's the product was taken out of the Louis Poulsen catalogues but in recent years more and more of the old editions have been sold again through antique stores and auctions and due to this demand Louis Poulsen has been asked to re-launch the product. The new version is very close to the original, colors have been updated but the production methods are the same. The shades are still spun by hand and completed with the fine rolled edge which gives the shades a special optical volume. The brass variant challenges the craftsman as it is spun from a solid brass plate and appears polished.
The fixture primarily provides a downward directed soft light by means of the white lacquered inner conical reflector. The outer reflector, the main shade, contributes to directing the light upwards and downwards, while at the same time spreading the soft diffused light. The inside of the main shade is illuminated through an opening in the inner conical reflector.
Please note that the brass, copper and stainless steel surfaces are untreated. This means that the surface will change over time and develop a patina. This process may have already begun when the product is delivered.
- Manufacturer: Louis Poulsen
- Design: Louis Poulsen A/S in cooperation with the Navy Buildings Department
- Design Year: 1950
- Material: Spun aluminum or spun brass, copper, or stainless steel
- Cord Length: 12' (3-conductor, 18 AWG white PVC power cord)
- Canopy: White
- Bulb (not included): 1 x A19/Medium (E26)/15W/120V LED
- Dimensions: Ø 11.1" x H 9.6"
- UL Listed
- Made in Denmark
- Ships in 1-8 weeks depending upon stock availability
- Please email email@example.com for current lead time