VL Ring Crown Wall Sconce by Louis Poulsen5743913611
The VL Ring Crown family derives from a lamp designed by architect Vilhelm Lauritzen for the Danish broadcasting house in Copenhagen in the 1940s. The wall lamp and pendant versions, with the characteristic organic form, were put to good use at the Danish broadcasting house. The original VL Ring Crown never appeared there, but not long after, a Ring Crown based on the original drawings was launched.
True to its original materials and design, the VL Ring Crown was reintroduced in 2019. It’s made of untreated, polished brass and with shades in glossy white, triple-layered, handblown opal glass. It brings a distinct and authentic touch to stylish interiors as well as a warm light to softly illuminate contemporary living.
The wall lamp emits light directed primarily downwards. The opal glass provides a comfortable and uniform illumination of the area around the fixture.
- Manufacturer: Louis Poulsen
- Design: Vilhelm Lauritzen
- Design Year: 1940s
- Material: Hand blown 3-layered polished opal glass, untreated brass (please note that the brass surfaces are untreated. This means that the surface will change over time and develop a patina)
- Mounting: Surface. Mounted directly to finished surface over a 4" octagonal junction-box
- Bulb (not included):
- 1x Shade: 1 x A21/Medium (E26)/40W/120V Incandescent
- 2x Shades: 2 x A21/Medium (E26)/40W/120V Incandescent
- 1x Shade: L 7.5" x H 9.2" x D 10.8"
- 2x Shades: L 16.7" x H 9.2" x D 12"
- UL Listed
- Made in Denmark
- Ships in 1-8 weeks depending upon stock availability
- Please email email@example.com for current lead time