PH 5 Mini Pendant by Louis Poulsen5741917415
Poul Henningsen developed the PH 5 in 1958 in response to the constant changes made to the shape and size of incandescent bulbs by bulb manufacturers, naming it after the size of the pendant’s main shade, which is 50 cm in diameter. When the lamp was introduced, he wrote, typically daringly, about how he had lost faith that the manufacturers of incandescent light bulbs would ever learn to consider common sense or have the consumer’s best interests at heart. “I have accepted fate, and with Louis Poulsen´s permission I have designed a PH fixture, which can be used with any kind of light source, Christmas lights, and 100 W metal filament bulbs. Although a fluorescent tube would be too much to ask in the existing form!”
PH 5 continues to elevate even the most modern interiors, as does the PH 5 Mini with a top shade diameter of 30 centimeters, introduced in the spirit of Henningsen in 2017. Louis Poulsen wishes to cater to contemporary and creative living, and therefore has resized the famous pendant for the first time. In 2020, the PH 5 Monochrome series was introduced to emphasize this striking design for a more contemporary look. The matte-painted metal shades come in black, white, and in ultra blue for the bolder decorator.
The fixture provides 100% glare-free light. Its design is based on the principle of a reflective three-shade system that directs most of the light downward. The fixture emits both downward and lateral light, thus illuminating itself.
- Manufacturer: Louis Poulsen
- Design: Poul Henningsen
- Design Year: 1958
- Material: Spun aluminum, spun copper or spun brass
- Cord Length: 12' (3-conductor, 18 AWG cloth covered power cord. Black for Monochrome Black, White for all other colors)
- Canopy: Black for Monochrome Black, White for all other colors
- Bulb (not included): 1 x A15/Medium (E26)/10W/120V LED
- Dimensions: Ø 11.8" x H 6.4"
- UL Listed
- Made in Denmark
- Ships in 1-8 weeks depending upon stock availability
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for current lead time