East River Chair Light Mix 01 by Hella Jongerius210 441 01 04
Products designed by Hella Jongerius exhibit her unique manner of fusing industry and craft, high- and low-tech, traditional and modern – characteristics which are also evident in the East River Chair: with its distinctive form and casual combination of such diverse materials as wood, metal, leather and fabric, this small armchair clearly bears the Dutch designer's signature.
The colors of the East River Chair are carefully coordinated. Depending on the selection of color combinations, the chair has a very different look, ranging from muted and calm to cheerful and bright. The choice of colors and materials is not based on purely aesthetic reasons: the practical leather covers protect the armrests from dirt and wear, and the thicker padding of the seat cushion, which extends up to the backrest, provides comfortable lumbar support. Thanks to the convenient strap handle on the rear side of the backrest, this compact armchair lends itself to flexible applications.
In 2013, Hella Jongerius and Vitra collaborated on the design of a chair for the North Delegates Lounge at the UN headquarters in New York. The development of the East River Chair was based on this design.
- Design: Hella Jongerius
- Design Year: 2014
- Made in Germany
- Seat shell: plastic laminate
- Upholstery: polyurethane foam with fabric and leather cover
- Cover: Various fabrics in coordinated color combinations
- Base: legs in natural oak with steel cross braces powder-coated in ivory or dark oak legs with braces powder-coated in coffee
- Glides: fitted with plastic glides for carpet, felt glides for hard floors additionally included
- Dimensions: W 25.25" x D 28" x H 29.25"
- Base: W 20.75" x D 22" Seat: H 15.75"
- Special order - lead time 12-16 weeks
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for current lead time