VL45 Radiohus Dimmable Pendant by Louis Poulsen10000149831
In 2016 the Radiohus Pendant made a comeback under the name of VL45 Radiohus Pendant. It was originally designed in the 1940s by Danish architect Vilhelm Lauritzen in partnership with Louis Poulsen for the construction of the Radiohuset building (the Danish broadcasting house) in Copenhagen. The pendant features the original design, with a brass suspension as well as a shade of three layers of handblown glass. The innermost and outermost layers are made of transparent polished glass, while white glass is used for the intermediate layer.
The fixture provides uniform, general and diffuse illumination. The opening at the bottom of the glass produces downwards directed light. The quality of the glass ensures that the fixture is evenly lit.
- Manufacturer: Louis Poulsen
- Design: Vilhelm Lauritzen
- Design Year: 1940s
- Material: Hand blown polished white opal glass, untreated brass (please note the untreated brass will change over time and develop a patina)
- Cord Length: 12' (2-conductor, 18 AWG white braided fabric covered power cord)
- Canopy: White
- Bulb (not included): 1 x LED/44W/120V LED
- Dimensions: Ø 14.6" x H 17.6"
- UL Listed
- Made in Denmark
- Ships in 1-8 weeks depending upon stock availability
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for current lead time