VL38 Table Lamp by Louis Poulsen5744163211
The VL38 table lamp was originally designed in the late 1930s by Vilhelm Lauritzen in partnership with Louis Poulsen for the construction of the Radiohuset building (the Danish broadcasting house) in Copenhagen (today the Royal Danish Academy of Music). Vilhelm Lauritzen’s VL38 lamp design and the pendant VL45 (both designed for Radiohuset) started to appear in Louis Poulsen catalogues after World War 2 in the middle of the 1940s. VL38 in white/brass was relaunched in fall 2016. The black edition of the VL38 introduced fall 2017 has a stronger outline than the original white version, though maintaining the loved retro look and the soft, curvy expression of the original design.
To accommodate contemporary advances in light technology and energy efficiency the fixtures have been fitted with LED.
The fixture emits downward directed light. The angle of the shade can be adjusted to optimize light distribution. The shade is painted white on the inside to ensure a soft comfortable light.
- Manufacturer: Louis Poulsen
- Design: Vilhelm Lauritzen
- Design Year: 1930s
- Material: Aluminum, brushed brass. Please note that the brass surfaces are untreated. This means that the surface will change over time and develop a patina.
- Cord Length: 10' (White or Black)
- Switch: High/low/off switch on the base
- Bulb (not included): 1 x LED/10W/120V LED
- Dimensions: W 5.3" x H 15" x D 6.9"
- UL Listed
- Made in Denmark
- Ships in 1-8 weeks depending upon stock availability
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for current lead time