VL Studio Wall Sconce by Louis Poulsen5743914704
The VL Studio family derives from a lamp designed by architect Vilhelm Lauritzen for Radiohuset (The Radio House, headquarters of the Danish Broadcasting Corporation) in Copenhagen in the 1940s. The name ‘Studio’ was chosen because some of the lamps were used outside the studio to indicate – with either a red or green light – whether recording was taking place.
True to its original materials and design, the VL Studio Wall lamp was reintroduced in 2022 with minor modifications. It is made of clear-lacquered brass with glossy white, triple-layered, mouth-blown opal glass and is also available in a new matte-black version for a more clean and graphic expression compared to the soft, warm look of the polished brass version. The angle of the lamp head can be turned 90 degrees to each side to direct the distribution of the glare-free and diffused light. With its simple aesthetic and exquisite materials, the VL Studio Wall lamp brings a modern touch and warm ambiance to any interior.
The fixture emits a glare-free, diffused light. The triple-layered opal glass provides pleasant and uniform illumination of the area around the fixture. The lampshade can be tilted 90 degrees to the right or left, which allows for flexible light distribution.
- Manufacturer: Louis Poulsen
- Design: Vilhelm Lauritzen
- Design Year: 1940s
- Material: Hand-blown opal triple-layered glossy glass, deep-drawn aluminum or brass (please note the untreated brass will change over time and develop a patina)
- Mounting: Surface. Mounted directly to finished surface over a 4" octagonal junction-box
- Switch: No switch on the luminaire; remote switch is required
- Bulb (not included): 1 x T4/G9/5W/120V LED
- Dimensions: L 5.9" x H 5.9" x D 7.9"
- UL Listed
- Made in Denmark
- Ships in 1-8 weeks depending upon stock availability
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for current lead time