VL Ring Crown 1 Pendant by Louis Poulsen5741925423
The VL Ring Crown family derives from a lamp designed by architect Vilhelm Lauritzen for the Danish broadcasting house in Copenhagen in the 1940s. The wall lamp and pendant versions, with the characteristic organic form, were put to good use at the Danish broadcasting house. The original VL Ring Crown never appeared there, but not long after, a Ring Crown based on the original drawings was launched. In 1947, the designer Finn Juhl, who worked for Vilhelm Lauritzen, used the VL Ring Crown as part of the interior design for the Danish porcelain manufacturer Bing & Grøndahl in Copenhagen.
True to its original materials and design, the VL Ring Crown was reintroduced in 2019. It’s made of untreated, polished brass and shades in glossy white, triple-layered, handblown opal glass. It brings a distinct and authentic touch to stylish interiors as well as a warm light to softly illuminate contemporary living.
The pendant emits soft downwards directed light. The matte, white-painted inside of the elliptical shade helps to assure even distribution of the light, ideal for both focused lighting and general room ambience.
- Manufacturer: Louis Poulsen
- Design: Vilhelm Lauritzen
- Design Year: 1940s
- Material: Shades: Hand blown, 3-layered, polished opal glass / Suspension: untreated brass, will patinate
- Cord Length: 12' (2-conductor, 18 AWG cloth covered power cord)
- Canopy: Brass
- Bulb (not included): 1 x A19/Medium (E26)/15W/120V LED
- Dimensions: Ø 7.5" x H 13.5"
- UL Listed
- Made in Denmark
- Ships in 1-8 weeks depending upon stock availability
- Please email email@example.com for current lead time