Layers RHU-01 Wallpaper by Richard Hutten + NLXLRHU-01
In 2010 Curator Suzanne Oxenaar asked Richard Hutten to design a temporary hotel room in the Lloyd Love hotel in Tokyo. For this room Hutten came up with the Layers concept: the whole room was covered in tape. Each element in the room, including the furniture up to the telephone, was covered in layers of tape. Later a copy of this room became part of the permanent collections of two museums: The Moti Museum in Breda, The Netherlands, and the Vancouver Art Gallery in Canada. For NLXL Richard translated the concept into a wallpaper, clearly leaving the concept of the tape. One of the ‘tapes’ has a multiple choice question on it, asking for interaction with the user.
- Made by: NLXL
- Design: Richard Hutten
- Eco Friendly
- Heavy-duty wallpaper with paper top-layer and non-woven backing
- ASTM E 84-10 Class A Fire Rating
- Colorfast and washable with a soft cloth
- Roll Dimensions: W 19.2" x L 393.7" (52.4 Sq. Ft)
- Repeat: 39.4", Match 40.6"
- No wallpapering table necessary, glue is applied to wall
- Made in Holland
- Special order item
- Lead time up to 2 weeks
- For custom sizes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org