Melt Smoke Pendant by Tom DixonMES04SM-PUSM2
With Melt, Tom Dixon's experiments in the technologically advanced field of vacuum metallization take on a new twist. The Melt Pendant Light is a distorted lit globe born from a collaboration with Swedish radical design collective FRONT. The light bouncing and reflecting around the uneven surfaces creates a dramatic melting hot blown glass effect. MELT is translucent when on and mirror finish when off. Its internal luminosity is visible in full daylight.
The latest color of Melt is black smoke. This lamp is now coated with a layer of translucent pigment that transforms it into an even more magical object as we experiment with the boundaries of luminosity, semi transparence and reflectivity.
- Design: Tom Dixon
- Design Year: 2015
- Material: Half-metallized polycarbonate shade, plated metal and a clear suspension cord
- Mini: 1 x 25W max 120V E12 (candelabra base) incandescent lamp (not included)
- Large: 1 X 60W max 120V E26 (medium base) incandescent lamp (not included)
- Mini: Ø 10.6" x H 10.6", 98.4" cord and 4.5" canopy
- Large: Ø 19.7" x H 19.7", 98.4" cord and 4.5" canopy
Special order item - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for current lead time and shipping costs