Armchair 401 by Alvar Aalto for Artek282 022 21
Hella Jongerius' reinterpretation of Alvar Aalto's 401 Armchair is the beginning of a new collaboration on a crisp and tactile collection of Artek classics. The 401 Tank Armchair features a comfortable seat and backrest upholstered in select fabric patterns, plus armrests and legs in a bent wood structure round out this timeless piece in a range of stained finishes.
- Design: Alvar Aalto
- Manufacturer: Artek
- Made in Finland
- Design Year: 1933
- Frame: Form-bent solid birch lamella
- Seat and back: Solid birch, birch plywood, upholstery, steel spring
- Yellow/Grey: Natural lacquered, upholstery - front: grey, seat: yellow, back: red/white, buttons: black/white, stitching yarn: pale pink
- Pale Blue/Red: Honey stained, upholstery - front: pale blue, seat: red, back: yellow, buttons: yellow, stitching yarn: silver
- Turquoise/Dark Brown: Walnut stained, upholstery - front: turquoise, seat: dark brown, back: red, buttons: red, stitching yarn: dark burgundy
- White/Dark Brown: Black lacquered, upholstery front: white, seat: dark brown, back: black/white, buttons: red/white, stitching yarn: black
- Dimensions: H 41.5" x D 31.5" x W 24.6"
- Seat Height: 15.8"
- Arm Height: 22.5"
- Configurable product - Always made to order
- Please contact us for CAL 117 and SF 211-17 compliant versions
Special order item - lead time up to 12 weeks. Please email email@example.com for current lead time and shipping costs.