EM Table - Wood - Solid Natural Oak by Jean Prouvé212 033 70 06
The designer and engineer Jean Prouvé developed the EM Table around 1950 for the project‚ Maison Tropicale‘. Adhering to the aesthetics of necessity, even the smallest details of this table are determined by its construction. The canted legs are connected by a crossbar, illustrating the structural forces and flow of stresses in a way that is typically seen only in engineering structures. The EM Table is available with table tops in solid wood, robust HPL laminate or – for tops measuring 2000 or 2400 mm in length – wood veneer. The solid wood table tops in oak or walnut lend this table a touch of distinction and bring pleasure with their appealing tactile qualities.
Adhering to structural requirements, the aesthetic of Jean Prouvé‘s EM Table illustrates the flow of forces and stresses in its construction. In the version with a robust veneer top in light or dark oak, which is available in various lengths, the table is suitable for meeting areas, canteens, restaurants and other public or semi-public spaces.
The aesthetic appearance of the EM Table by Jean Prouvé adheres to structural requirements. The version with a robust HPL table top has a base with a powder-coated textured finish in the same colors as the frame of the Standard SP chair – making them ideal companion pieces. These furnishings can be used to create different moods with colors and shapes that are unusual in offices and meeting areas.
- Design: Jean Prouvé
- Design Year: 1950
- Top: 1.33" thick; oiled finish, solid natural oak
- Base: Bent sheet steel and tubular steel, powder-coated (smooth)
- Dimensions: H 29.1" x W 35.4" x L 70.75", 78.75", 86.50", 94.50" or 102.25"
- Please choose top material, base color, and length
- Quick Ship available on the 78.75" table in the deep black powder-coated base. It will ship within 2-3 weeks
- Special order - lead time 12-16 weeks
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for current lead time