PH Artichoke 18.9" Pendant by Louis Poulsen10000144752
The PH Artichoke was designed in 1958 by Poul Henningsen for the Langelinie Pavillonen, a modernist Copenhagen restaurant where it continues to enchant visitors today. With its world-famous unique sculptural design, the PH Artichoke is viewed as an international design icon. The fixture has 72 leaves, positioned so as to provide totally glare-free light from any angle. To ensure a high level of quality, much of the production process is still carried out by hand.
When Henningsen originally designed the iconic PH Artichoke he opted for solid copper leaves with a satin finish and with a rose finish on the leaves' interiors; this combination lent an exceptional warmth to the lamp's organic form and beautifully reflected the light from its hidden source. The renowned light fixture has kept its original copper finish, which to this date illuminates spaces with its warm and ambient lighting. With the brushed and polished steel as well as white painted metal models, further members have been added to the PH Artichoke family, highlighting its versatility and timeless silhouette. In 2018, Louis Poulsen celebrated the design's 60th anniversary with an introduction of a beautiful brushed brass edition.
The fixture provides 100% glare-free light. The 72 precisely positioned leaves form 12 unique rows of six leaves each. They illuminate the fixture as well as emitting diffused light with a unique pattern. The fixture provides decorative and comfortable lighting. For the energy saving LED variant, the quality of light and atmosphere surrounding the product is kept at the highest level.
Also available with LED light source here.
View all Louis Poulsen PH product collection here.
View all Louis Poulsen pendants here.
- Manufacturer: Louis Poulsen
- Design: Poul Henningsen
- Design Year: 1958
- Material: Leaves: Punched brass, punched copper, laser cut stainless steel or punched steel / Top shade: White, spun steel / Frame: High luster chrome plated, laser cut steel / Suspension: High lustre chrome plated, spun aluminum.
- Cord Length: 12' (3-conductor, 18 AWG white PVC power cord)
- Canopy: White
- Mounting: 3x stainless steel aircraft cables
- Bulb (not included): 1 x A23/Medium (E26)/200W/120V Incandescent
- Dimensions: Ø 18.9" x H 18.3"
- UL Listed
- Made in Denmark
- Ships in 1-8 weeks depending upon stock availability
- Please email email@example.com for current lead time